Thursday, October 19, 2023

Ergonomic Free Here!

a light colored pine table holding a lap top with near floor-to-ceiling windows revealing a mountainous hills covered in pine trees under a blue sky


This is my writing view today. Beautiful, pine covered hills, blue sky, and a hand-made pine table. Which is definitely not in line with the week’s theme: the Ergonomic Edition.


No, this pine table doesn’t adjust. But it’s smooth and filled with wood grain character. No, the matching hand-carved pine chair definitely doesn’t adjust and turns the butt numb after an hour. But it’s got arms for me to rest my elbows on as I gaze out at nature and imagine what our near-future sci-fi world is filled with. And no, my laptop doesn’t support my wrists and gets a pretty good glare when the sun comes up. But it can travel from table to patio table with ease, enabling me to smell the pine and hear the wind rushing through the needles. 


At home I have a split keyboard which my wrists do love. I can work for hours without pain. And my desk chair at least goes up and down, but the best part about it is that it has a wide seat so I can sit crosslegged when I want to. 


Out of all the ergonomic options, I wish I were adept at using voice to text. How wonderful would that be! To walk around, pace the room, stroll outside while simultaneously writing? Amazing. But I haven’t trained my brain to use that tech yet. Someday, maybe. 


How about you? What ergonomic tools do you use and love?

No comments:

Post a Comment