Saturday, March 26, 2022

Alexia's Writing Space


Alexia's wooden desk with her open laptop in the center. Behind it are shelves filled with notebooks, a packet of Bee Balm seeds from Baker Creek, Oregon Trail card game, books: Temple of No God, For the Wolf, and The Witch Collector.


Much like my TBR, my week quickly got out of hand. Thank goodness for Saturdays!  


This week we’re sharing our writing workspaces and current TBR (to be read) lists. The one is easy, the other is nigh impossible. 


I have TBR stacks all over my home. Sometimes I have to hunt for a specific book, but what’s actually in stacks (or on my kindle) is nothing to my ever growing list I keep on Goodreads. But, as a mood reader, I like to keep plenty of options handy. 


As for my writing workspace, this desk is where the majority of my magic happens. When I’m in drafting or editing mode, this sunburst inlay desk is my go-to spot. When I sit here my brain knows what I expect of it. Granted, there are mental days where I’m empty. And that’s okay, but when the words are cooperating, it happens here. 


I have different spots that are better for plotting and researching. My favorite/most productive place is when I am waiting for a vehicle’s oil change or safety recall. There’s something about a room full of people minding their own business while eagerly waiting for their name to be called that works for me! Or maybe it’s the endless coffee and the knowledge that the moment I sit the clock starts ticking down. 


That’s what my workspace looks like. How about yours? Do you have multiple places you like to write? Do you plot and edit in different locations too? 

1 comment: