Monday, January 31, 2022

If Onoy I'd known when i started...

 The subject for this week is what I wish Id known when I started writing. 


The list is too long. There were and are so many different phases to writing, and  literally mountains f books have been written on the subject, So i'll just go with this one thing: I wish I'd better understood the concept of an information dump. 

When I look back at a lot of my earlier works I first lament my lack of fully understanding grammar (I had some great teachers along those lines and ii a forever in their debt) and I regret how often I went down the path of giving too much inforation in large ies. Details and details, mixed with history and background, It's like peanut butter: put it all to the front of the sandwich and you get a sloppy mess. Better to spread it out a bit more evenly. 

The devil is in the details, they are necessary, but they can be spread far and wide if you handle it the right way. 


I'm off for a four-hour drive into Boston to see a doctor about a cancer that is, hopefully, still not hanging around anymore. Wish me luck and have a wonderful day!


James A. Moore



1 comment: