Monday, March 12, 2018

Favorite Motivational Post

It's simple, really: You can cut it a hundred different ways, but at the end of the day it comes down to this simple statement. JUST DO IT!

That's all. If you have a dream, follow it If you have a story to tell, tell it. Sit down, write. Repeat as necessary until the job is done. Then, when the first draft is finished, move on to another project for a few weeks, go back to that first project and edit.

Why?

Fresh eyes. You can't see the mistakes you're making until you  have a chance to clear your mental palette of all the colors and phrases you've been painting with. You have to gain a little distance. In a crush you can always have someone else edit, but I think it's better on the first pass if you do it yourself.

here are four variations of the same theme. None of them created by me but all of them using my likeness. According to some people I am very motivational. I have no idea why.







1 comment:

  1. Yes...whenever I find my mind wandering your face with 'You should be writing' pops into my head. Best motivator ever! Thank you, Jim!!

    ReplyDelete