Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Life goals: writing retreat in a castle


Last year at the RWA national convention in Orlando, I overheard some writers talking -- was it in a speech? Or was I just that creepy lurker in the lobby unintentionally overhearing everyone else’s conversations?! I really don’t recall -- about a retreat they’d been on together. They pooled funds from, like, ten writers and rented a castle in Ireland for three weeks.

A castle.

In Ireland.

For three weeks.

Also? It was haunted.

So whether I heard it legit, spied it, or made it up, none of that really matters because...

A castle.

In Ireland.

For three weeks.

With a ghost.

(And also he was probably a hot, angsty, Victorian ghost. Hush, you, this is my happy place!)

This is now filed in my brain under Life Goals. Who’s in?

3 comments:

  1. Mm. Ireland and a ghost? Yeeeeeeah. Lemme know. I'll swim there if I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at castle.

    And, I remember 'listening in' on a conversation about said retreat too. We lurked together!

    ReplyDelete