Monday, March 25, 2019

On My Mind

Deadlines.

The subject of this weeks SFFSeven posts is "What's on my mind" and guess what? That's on my mind right now.

I have several deadlines looming.

I have a novel coming out April First (Boomtown) and another coming out April 30th (Avengers: Infinity). One is the original fiction. One is a licensed project. That's work-for-hire in laymen terms. I get paid to play in someone else's sandbox. I get money, they get everything else, including copyright, virtually any royalties that manifest, etc. For a lot of people, that's a no-no! I BIG no-no! For me, it's a source of income and a chance to write about some of my favorite things. I've written for Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. for Aliens, For Predator and now for the Avengers. Want to know something? I'll do it again if the price is right and the opportunity arises. Just, as always, know what you're signing.

I have, in the last three weeks, signed contracts for three more novels. One is a work for hire, two are original. I have plans for at least two more novels to come out this year, and a short story collection.
That means I have epic deadlines. That also means I need to get my butt in gear.

What a lovely problem to have! 25 years into my career and I have a full plate. That's never going to be a bad thing for me.

Okay, now that I've told you what is on my mind I have to finish a book that's due to be published in October.

Deadlined.
Busy, busy, busy.

Keep smiling,

Jim


1 comment:

  1. It's always amazing how many things you juggle. I hope you get some caffeine today! :)

    ReplyDelete