Wednesday, August 23, 2017

If I had a Reality TV Show...

I don't watch much TV. Shows of the 'reality' variety don't have any appeal to me if they are about the relationships of people because I'm just not that voyeuristic. BUT...I do occassionally love to watch a house renovation.

Long ago I was employed as the Art Director for a realty company. Later, I was an assistant to the sales staff at a home builder, then I was in training to become their sales staff. After that, I became a Realtor. There's an appreciation for homes within that calls to me. Deciding on colors, decor, furniture, art, the whole look and feel of a room and how it blends into another room to create a cozy home...ahhh, yes...I do enjoy pondering these questions and answering them. Proof provided below...


BEFORE:
Ugly wallpaper.
Drab woodwork.
*pardon the tools*

AFTER #1:
Pale walls to match sink.
Refinished and antiqued the wood, 
added new knobs and accents.
New mirror and switchplates to match.
And yes...I did make my own stencils so 
I could do a raised stencil. Love the effect.
*have new oil rubbed bronze faucet
but that's on the honey-do list*



AFTER #2:
The closet door refinished and new knob and accents.
That fabric became the shower curtain for a pop of bold color.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. AW, thanks so much Alexia! Sorry for late reply. I wish I had the excuse of having been busy doing more such things, but alas, just lazily recouperating from GENCON. Do you do restore/remodel type things? What reality show would you be on? (:

      Delete