Saturday, December 22, 2018

My Bookish Anticipations for 2019


I tend to be a week by week person, discovering books in real time, since I do a New Releases post on my personal blog every Wednesday BUT having said that, I do have a few favorite authors with new releases scheduled in 2019 that I can look ahead to and happily anticipate:

Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity Book 3) by Nalini Singh. I adore her world of the Psy, the Changelings and the humans. I’ll also be looking forward to the next book in her Guildhunter series because – and this is really rare for me – I have yet to read the latest novel, which came out in October 2018. I’m aware that the book has what is to me an unsatisfactory ending, a cliffhanger, and I abhor those with a wild passion, even when written by my favorite author. (I can handle Happy for Now endings though.) Usually a cliffhanger is enough to cause me to never read another book by that author but in this case, because it’s Nalini, I’m waiting and will read book 11 only when book 12 is available. I trust her to do right by the characters. I just don’t want to wait a year to have the resolution. I’d rather wait a year to read the previous book and then gobble up book 12. Shrug.

Warrior of the World (Chronicles of Dasnaria Book 3) by Jeffe Kennedy, which arrives January 8th – yay! I’ll also be excited to read the next Uncharted Realms book the second it hits my kindle. LOVE that world and any and all stories set therein.

Wild Country (World of the Others) by Anne Bishop. I’ve been hooked on the world of the Others since reading the first novel, so I’m happy the author decided to continue telling us stories set there even after finishing the original series. I wasn’t ready to leave!

Storm Cursed (A Mercy Thompson Novel Book 11) by Patricia Briggs. I never get enough Mercy Thompson stories. Or Alpha and Omega stories, set in the same world. I understand she might release a novel about the blind witch and her wolf in 2019 as well, who have appeared as supporting characters a few times so I have my fingers crossed for that.

I look forward to new books from Ilona Andrews as they are a must click immediately buy for me and I’m sure they have several 2019 titles coming…
Moving away from fantasy, Mary Balogh is my favorite Regency romance author and I hope she has a 2019 release. I enjoy spending time in her well-drawn stories, waltzing and sipping tea…

Ever since I was a little kid, I always put “And surprises…” at the end of my Christmas list, so that’s how I’ll wrap up this post – I’m looking forward to all kinds of good surprises in the form of new books by other favorite authors and new-to-me authors in 2019! My resolution: keep reading (finally found a resolution I won’t break LOL.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out on WARRIOR! :D And the final Uncharted Realms book: THE FATE OF THE TALA O_O

    ReplyDelete