Saturday, June 26, 2021

Peanut Butter and Mayo Sandwiches

 

Y'all this is about as controversial as I get. With unpopular opinions being the topic here on the SFF Seven this week, I honestly couldn't think of many options for this post. I guess I never think about what's popular? *insert introverted laughter

Opinions are opinions. When people stand up against facts (real ones, btw) is when I get a little louder.

But! This is not that, and it's not writerly in any way. This is smooth, creamy peanut butter with some mayo (or even Miracle Whip) slathered on white bread. It's so good, though it's been many years since I've eaten it. When I tell people how fabulous it is, I unfailingly get the most disgusted looks shot back at me. :)

My grandmother was born in 1910 and therefore lived through the Great Depression. Many of my childhood meals were a result of her experience, the PB & Mayo Sandwich included.

I dare you to try it.

**OH, and James is on point with his post this week. Listen to your editors, people. We aren't dedicating hours and hours of our lives to your work for the paycheck, trust me on this. Editors are usually genuinely trying to help you succeed and produce your best work. If you don't like your editor, then that's an issue. If you don't like anyone touching your work and you're clinging to your darlings, learn to let that stuff go. 

Happy writing! And PB & Mayo Sandwiches!





No comments:

Post a Comment