Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Aliens


Yup. I think aliens would be amazing. 
Ask my family. They've heard me ponder
being on a team to terracolonize Mars. 
They've been told, 
"If they ever show up and 
I get the chance, 
I'm going."



Now of course, I'm NOT talking about 
wanting the face-hugging, acid-for-blood 
nightmares of Geiger to be real. 
I don't fancy myself a Ripley in a mech-suit.



I dream of Starfleet, Starfleet Academy, 
and the United Federation of Planets.


Because I'd love to actually live in Gene Roddenberry's dream world, 
and be a crewman on a ship that explored the stars and worlds of the universe. 
This is in part because of the ship, of course, but mostly because having that 
would mean that our world as we know it now had gotten past 
all the inequalities of our present, and strived forward into a future 
that saw the potential and value in every race, gender, and age.



Bring on that dream, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment