Monday, July 23, 2018

The Old Man and the Sea

I have to say, I absolutely loathed that book.

Why? Because nothing happens and there's no cast. There is virtually no interactions between characters and the pacing is, well, to be kind, glacial.

I get it, lots of symbolism.

Din't care. It might be a masterpiece but I hated it. I'd rather read a hundred pulps than one more book like The Old Man And The Sea. I rather liked some of Hemingway's other works, despite being forced to read them, but I have not even the faintest affection for the novel in question.

That's all the time I have this week. I've just gotten married and I'm rather busy adoring my new wife.

Keep smiling,

Jim




It took  us a while....but we got there. 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 34 years of an HEA in the making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the both of you! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased for both of you! May you live long, joyful lives filled with true love and high adventure! (On a literary note - 100% with you on Old Man and the Sea - totally a book that might have been fine had Hemmingway had Prozac. Maybe.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! So glad you found love and marriage again. :-)

    ReplyDelete