Monday, June 10, 2019

The best of times, the worst of times

I love writing for a living I do. I mean that. It's an endless source of entertainment for me.

I get to play make believe every day!

I get paid to daydream (So long as I guide said daydreams the right way and write them down.

I have made amazing friends who also get paid to daydream.

I often get free books for my efforts and I will NEVER not love free books.

Of course, there's a downside to everything.

I have deadlines. I love telling stories but sometimes the deadlines are like a pressure cooker, doubly so because I'm just not as fast as I used to be, no matter how many times I tell myself that I am.

I find I have to say "No" a lot. There are writers who ask me for favors and as much as I want to read their manuscripts and offer advice, I often do not have the time, no matter how useful I want to be.

The pay isn't always great. I mean, I cover the bills (mostly) but my savings account is non-existent and I still need a job at Starbucks to cover insurance and the like.

Would I trade for another job? heck no!  I love this stuff. Now if Hollywood would just come along and buy the rights to the SEVEN FORGES series....







No comments:

Post a Comment