Thursday, January 7, 2021

You Can't Stay Sedentary With A Husky At Your Side

Ullr the husky pup stretched out on his back on the floor, his blue and white rope bone resting beside him as he snoozes.
(Ullr the husky pup)
 

This is a Siberian husky. This sled dog is in a rare form….tired. And the only way to tire out a husky is to hike/mush/run/skijor them ‘till their energy drops to a manageable level. 

That’s it. My annoyingly, adorable pup is the one tool I have to battle the sedentary job of being an author. I’d love to have a walking treadmill like Jeffe’s to write at. But like she mentions in her post, it’s a monetary commitment. Though I also agree that prevention is the way to go, so I’ll keep it on my to-be-purchased list. 


The more practical, maybe feasible is a better word, option would be a standing desk. For me, being able to stay in the scene and not be pulled out by distractions is huge. If I had the ability to stand I could do squats or stretches without having to step away from my keys. But I’ve never worked with one before.


Anyone out there use a standing desk? And do you actually use it? 


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it's his irresistible cuteness that allows him to get away with being such a pain in the ass ;)

      Delete
  2. If you get a standing desk, get one of those mats or disks to stand on, so you keep moving - you don't want the blood to pool in your feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a standing desk in my office regularly. Great to get up out of the seat and my back thanks me for it as well! I continue to keep working on my posture too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. back break! Well, not that kind of break...the good break.

      Delete