I figure the most memorable minor characters are the ones who come to mind first, so here is my list, in no certain order:
1. The tiny Death Star robot
2. The multipurpose Guard in Wizard of Oz
3. We had a lively debate on Facebook the other day whether the Scarpatine Pie in Grace Draven's Radiance novel counted. I vote yes! (Think meat pie with nasty live scorpions.)
4. In my own novels there's a rather dashing Captain Intefiqer-Duaen, a Ushabti warrior who serves the Queen of the Gods. He appears in Magic of the Nile in one scene and in Ghost of the Nile for one scene. I have a plot idea in mind for him someday, where Isis sends him to the land of the living to retrieve a lost....well, that would be telling.
5. I was always rather intrigued by this Hawkman in the "Flash Gordon" movie:
6. The passengers on the bus in the movie "Speed"...
7. James Shigeta (always loved him in movies) as Mr. Takagi in "Die Hard":
8. Thomasina Tittlemouse from Beatrix Potter - I love her fluffy coat!
9. Every put upon valet, butler and housekeeper in every Regency novel EVER.
10. And of course who could forget Lady Veronica in Jeffe Kennedy's The Twelve Kingdoms series, who I believe is still awaiting the arrival of her own Dasnarian mercenary. Ahem.
Saturday, July 16, 2016
A Slew of Favorite Minor Characters
Best Selling Science Fiction & Paranormal Romance author and “SciFi Encounters” columnist for the USA Today Happily Ever After blog, Veronica Scott grew up in a house with a library as its heart. Dad loved science fiction, Mom loved ancient history and Veronica thought there needed to be more romance in everything.