Thursday, October 6, 2016

Where I Work

Here's my challenge: I don't have a singular place I work.  At any given time,img_3507 I'm working at one of the tables downstairs, or on one of the couches, or at the walking desk.  But I don't have a singular permanent "THIS IS WHERE I WORK".    Partly that's because our home is also our business, and so parts of our house have to be ready for classes, and then different parts for other classes.  And while I love the walking desk, I can't use it all the time.  For one, my feet can't take it.  For another, sometimes it becomes hard to walk and concentrate on the task at hand.  But also because my wife wants to use the walking desk at times, so we share it.  
This means I've become quite adept at keeping my work mobile.  I have a rolling case for the computer, folders, pens, headphones, cables, and so forth.  So I can mobile-office pretty much anywhere.  Which is handy, because I need to. 
Though I wouldn't mind having a permanent desk and office.  I'll need to sell more books for that, though.  Until then... I keep moving.
And I need to keep moving, of course, as I need to stay down in the word mines until this draft of Lady Henterman's Wardrobe is done.  In the meantime, you can start to get excited for the first Streets of Maradaine novel, The Holver Alley Crew.  You can even pre-order it.  But we'll be talking more about that one soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment