Tuesday, October 18, 2016

You Tell Me: Urban Fantasy Covers--People or Objects

Since we're riffing this week about what's on our minds, I'll go with...covers.

I'm a fixin' to start work on the covers for my new Urban Fantasy series: The Immortal Spies.  I'm torn between using the traditional protagonist on the cover and the less common thematic art piece.


Examples of Protagonist-Centric Covers:




Examples of No People on the Covers:



For fans of Urban Fantasy, what are your thoughts? Preferences?  Strong feelings on either front?


8 comments:

  1. While I appreciate the object covers, the people ones grab my interest more. There's me, a single data point...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read in a photography somewhere that people have a stronger emotional response to pictures of other people more than they do to places or things. Of course, that can go both ways: stronger-good response or stronger-bad response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the No People Covers as much because I can't tell for certain that they are in the fantasy genre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People! People! People! No, really, people win it. Excellent. Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genres have a type of cover and the ones with people scream UF to me. So I'd go with people too. Bonus if they are holding a bad ass weapon ;)

    ReplyDelete