Wednesday, September 6, 2017

POST-DRAGONCON POST **TOP TEN THINGS I OVERHEARD AT DRAGON CON**

I've heard DragonCon set a new record this year with 82,000 people.

Myself, I kept to the Westin as much as possible. Even so, I had a fantastic time. Saw so many friends, made new friends, and participated on some splendid panels. Despite my rather sequestered visit, I did manage to make my annual list....but first, the weeks topic: what genre would I be least likely to write and why.

Short answer: I won't do myself the disservice of thinking or saying that there's anything I'd be unlikely to write. I've already written in many genres and there are elements of other genres within that work. I refuse to put that limitation on myself.


ShortER answer: I DO WHAT I WANT!

And now....

THE TOP TEN THINGS 
I OVERHEARD AT DRAGONCON
*Random quotes as heard in passing 
that may have been spoken in complete innocence, 
but taken out of context and 
having passed through my dirty mind, 
they are all the more funny.*

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

THE "I WISH I HAD SAID THAT" AWARD
    Often, I have a glut of fucks, but right now I'm all out.


PSEUDO WISDOM AWARD:
     The absence of confusion is not the confusion of absence.


MOST CONFUSING AWARD:
     It's not delivering. Get on the table.


10.) If you give a pun and receive a guffaw in return, 
well, that's a little too self-important.


9.) I just like talking about it, not doing it.


8.) I admit it, I was playing with my sack.


7.) I went in, took a sniff, and decided 
to stand in the back and watch the lights.


6.) I don't need to smack rods with people to know mine is better.


5.) Aw, she has a long shiny one in her hands. 


4.) Hey...that is not normal.


3.) Just lick him and stay there.


2.) I only come to DragonCon to get things stuck in me 
so I can get a free t-shirt.


1.) Of all the mostly naked people I've seen today, you're the best.

2 comments:

  1. I was all over Dragon Con (my legs felt it) and had a blast. My favorite quote was from Nathan Fillion: "My secret to my good looks? Keep your distance." Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DragonCon is the BEST because there's ALL THE THINGS to do and see /and/ ALL THE COOLEST PEOPLE ARE THERE!!!

    ReplyDelete