Thursday, August 4, 2022

A Process to Everything

 

Green stalks of salmon-pink hollyhocks stretching up to a blue sky with sun shining through the blossoms


There is so much, and at the same time, so little on my mind. 


Today I sat in my garden and watched the sunshine peek through my hollyhocks. I planted these stalks from seed. Watered them. Weeded around them. Dreamt of how lovely the blossoms would be. And, at long last, admire them. 


But one thing I didn’t plan for was the variety of life buzzing around the flowers. There are more types of bees in this flower bed than I knew existed! There are hoverflies and butterflies, beetles and moths, fliers and crawlers I can’t name. It’s amazing!


And all of that is like writing a book.


It starts off by cultivating an idea. Then you weed out the bad details so the good stuff has room to spread. You dream about the plot and characters. And then you type The End. But the real magic happens after that when your book is out in the world, surrounded by life, interacting with life. And it’s amazing.


Happy daydreaming, friends!



What’s on your mind this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment